Here you can see our take on why you should sponsor netball, a list of options showing how you can sponsor BOINC, and also details on how we are trying to raise funds to improve facilities at Lindvart Park for our Community Development Project.
WHY SPONSOR NETBALL?
- It brings business to Kaikohe township. Netball has the highest number of participants in any one code in the Kaikohe & Districts area. During the winter season which starts at in April and ends in September (6 months) there is an average of 1200 people who will come into Kaikohe township to play, coach, manage, umpire, or support the sport of netball and many will do business while they are there. During the week each of those teams that play will train. Of the teams registered with BOINC approximately 60% of them train in Kaikohe however that statistic is not representative of where our membership live meaning people are travelling to train in Kaikohe, another opportunity for them to do business.
- It is a positive sport for women of all ages. As a sport Netball has always been aligned with healthy initiatives and a positive life balance. Girls from the age of 4 are learning important social skills from playing in a team environment, teenagers from age of 12 & 13 are given something positive to put their energy into and learn the all important values around being committed to a team, and women are able to maintain lifelong friendships and stay in good physical shape through the fitness that the sport offers.
- BOINC is a part of Netball Northern and Netball NZ and as such is associated with the ANZ MYSTICS TEAM!!! Now that the ANZ championship is televised and heavily marketed Netball as a sport has grown exponentially in popularity around the world. As a centre BOINC is affiliated to Netball Northern and Netball NZ and as such are able to depend on the support and development offered by these bigger organisations. This is an association that would be positive for any business.
- Draw Sponsors – Your businesses name will be published everywhere our draw is published. We publish our draw on our website, on our facebook site, and as of 2014 will be publishing it every week in the Northern News. Your name will be at the beginning of each grade. I.e: The ‘your business name’ Premier Grade, game 1 …….
- Your business name including a logo and a link to your website will be loaded onto our website.
- You will be given the opportunity to present awards at our annual prizegiving. All sponsors will be invited to attend our grand finals day and end of year prize giving and where possible will be given the opportunity to present awards. These moments are captured on film and then used in media releases over the next weeks.
BAY OF ISLANDS NETBALL CENTRE SPONSORS
Currently BOINC are looking for local businesses that will sponsor the following:
1. A sponsor for each grade of our competition
- Premier Grade Sponsors – $700 annual payment to BOINC and the supply of 15 x small gifts ($5) for the grade runners up and 15 x small gifts ($10) for the grade winners and the option of presenting those at prizegiving.
- A Grade Sponsors – $600 annual payment to BOINC and the supply of 15 x small gifts ($5) for the grade runners up and 15 x small gifts ($10) for the grade winners and the option of presenting those at prize giving.
- B Grade Sponsors – $500 annual payment to BOINC and the supply of 15 x small gifts ($5) for the grade runners up and 15 x small gifts ($10) for the grade winners and the option of presenting those at prize giving.
- C Grade Sponsors – $400 annual payment to BOINC and the supply of 15 x small gifts ($5) for the grade runners up and 15 x small gifts ($10) for the grade winners and the option of presenting those at prize giving.
- D Grade Sponsors – $300 annual payment to BOINC and the supply of 15 small gifts ($5) for the grade runners up and 15 x small gifts ($10) for the grade winners and the option of presenting those at prize giving.
2. A sponsor for each of our representative teams
- U19, U17, U15, Yr8 & Yr7 Age group reps team represent BOINC every year all around the North Island at representative tournaments. To sponsor these teams we would ask for a one of contribution of $400. These monies would subsidise the purchase of a ‘yearly’ t-shirt for all players and officials, and the cost of badges, ribbons, and certificates for the end of season prize giving. Your name would be printed wherever their results are published and be printed on the t-shirt.
3. A ‘Smiley Supporters’ sponsor
- To be a ‘Smiley Supporter’ sponsor you would need to sponsor goods or money to be used as awards to recognise positive supporter behaviours on the sideline. It could be anything between the value of $1 – $10, and be one item, or 100 items dependant on what you are able to contribute.
LINDVART PARK – FACILITIES UPGRADE
We are pleased to say that the Far North District Council will be beginning works on the much needed renewal project in October 2015. Works will include the extension of the court areas to allow greater sideline area which will significantly improve umpire safety and accessibility to all courts. In addition to this the the surface of all 8 courts will be redone with an Ashphalt Concrete Mix. While the old surface is removed, ducting for lighting cables will be laid in preparation for new lights to be installed. The new court markings will include fast five circle markings and we are especially excited about the new warm up court area that will be installed in the end of the existing car park.
The next focus will be parking and accessibility from Recreation Road and changes to the Pavillion.